- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 pound fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large serving bowl; cool. Place the asparagus in a small saucepan; add a small amount of water. Bring to a boil; cook for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the asparagus, shrimp, artichokes, snow peas, peppers, onions and celery to the rice. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, parsley, soy sauce, lemon-pepper, salt and pepper. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss gently. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Vegetable Shrimp Salad
"Nice and crunchy, lite, cool and refreshing. Added more shrimp and celery. Needed more dressing...could use red wine vinager and oil which goes well with shrimp."