VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 pound fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large serving bowl; cool. Place the asparagus in a small saucepan; add a small amount of water. Bring to a boil; cook for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the asparagus, shrimp, artichokes, snow peas, peppers, onions and celery to the rice. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, parsley, soy sauce, lemon-pepper, salt and pepper. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss gently. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Shrimp Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p207
Reviews forVegetable Shrimp Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2012
"Nice and crunchy, lite, cool and refreshing. Added more shrimp and celery. Needed more dressing...could use red wine vinager and oil which goes well with shrimp."