"My husband wouldn't eat green beans until I seasoned them with this simple blend," writes Susan Johnson of Arlington, Texas. "Now he asks for seconds," she adds. Try this mix with most any vegetable for a zippy side dish that's sure to please.
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans or vegetable of your choice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 24-30 batches (1/2 cup total).
- To use seasoning mix: Cook and drain vegetables. Add butter and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoning mix; toss until butter is melted. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 3-4 servings per batch.
Originally published as Vegetable Seasoning Mix in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p19
Reviews for Vegetable Seasoning Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2012
"I made an entire container of this "vegetable salt". I bake a bag of frozen vegetables and heftily salt with the vegetable seasoning. It's definitely good, something I will be doing this with vegetables in the future."