"My husband wouldn't eat green beans until I seasoned them with this simple blend," writes Susan Johnson of Arlington, Texas. "Now he asks for seconds," she adds. Try this mix with most any vegetable for a zippy side dish that's sure to please.
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans or vegetable of your choice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 24-30 batches (1/2 cup total).
- To use seasoning mix: Cook and drain vegetables. Add butter and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoning mix; toss until butter is melted. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 3-4 servings per batch.
Originally published as Vegetable Seasoning Mix in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p19
Reviews for Vegetable Seasoning Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2012
"I made an entire container of this "vegetable salt". I bake a bag of frozen vegetables and heftily salt with the vegetable seasoning. It's definitely good, something I will be doing this with vegetables in the future."