Vegetable Scrambled Eggs
I like to have friends and family over for a special Sunday brunch, especially when there's a "big game" on television. These colorful eggs go perfectly with sausage, toasted English muffins and fresh fruit.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small tomato, chopped and seeded
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, green pepper, milk, onions, salt
- and pepper. Pour into a lightly greased skillet. Cook and stir over
- medium heat until eggs are nearly set. Add the tomato; cook and stir
- until eggs are completely set. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with egg substitute, fat-free milk and 1/4 teaspoon salt) equals 96 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein