I like to take this salad to potlucks because it feeds a lot of people, and it's so easy to make. It's best when made a day ahead so the flavors can blend.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 cup each chopped celery, red onion and sweet red pepper
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper to a boil. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add sugar mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Salad Medley in Country Extra May 2001, p51
Reviews for Vegetable Salad Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review