Vegetable Rice Skillet Recipe
A bag of frozen mixed vegetables conveniently dresses up plain rice in this quick and easy recipe.—Ruth Rigoni, Hurley, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, bring broth and butter to a boil. Stir in the vegetables and rice with seasoning packet. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-8 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 210 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 834 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC