Vegetable Rice Salad
From Freeburg, Missouri, Cathy Sestak shares this mixture of leftover rice and crisp vegetables in a cool, creamy ranch-flavored dressing. "I always receive lots of compliments when I bring this salad to parties and get-togethers," Cathy reports.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflowerets
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, broccoli, cauliflower and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in rice
- mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and fat-free milk) equals 96 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.