Vegetable Rice Mix Recipe
In Alamosa, Colorado, Marjorie Carey puts together this easy rice mixture flavored with vegetable soup mix. Each batch makes a pretty side dish when you're in a hurry.
- 4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) vegetable soup mix
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried sweet red or green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (4 cups total).
- 2. To prepare rice: In a saucepan, combine water, butter and 1 cup rice mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Yield: 2-3 servings per batch.
1 cup: 165 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable Rice Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC