Vegetable Rice Mix
In Alamosa, Colorado, Marjorie Carey puts together this easy rice mixture flavored with vegetable soup mix. Each batch makes a pretty side dish when you're in a hurry.
8-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) vegetable soup mix
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried sweet red or green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight
- container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (4
- cups total).
- To prepare rice: In a saucepan, combine water, butter and 1 cup rice
- mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15
- minutes or until the water is absorbed. Yield: 2-3 servings per
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 165 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.