Vegetable Rice Medley
A relative brought this dish to a family get-together. I got the recipe on the spot.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring the broth, water, summer squash, zucchini, salt
- and dill weed to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat. Cover
- and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato and Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 232 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.