Simple elegance best describes this fresh-tasting farm dish. It's a great use of the late summer harvest. —Patty Singstock, Racine, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the vegetables lengthwise into very
- thin strips.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add broth. Bring to
- a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup. Add the vegetable
- strips and 1 tablespoon parsley; cook and stir for 2 minutes or just
- until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve with a
- slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 88 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.