Vegetable Ramekins Recipe
Says Dona Alsover of Upland, California, “Our children and grandchildren live far away, so my husband, Jim, and I frequently plan a quiet dinner by candlelight. We have Vegetable Ramekins often since we can pull fresh things from our garden all year. It is a colorful and delicious side dish.”
- 1 small zucchini or yellow summer squash, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 medium potato, peeled, cooked and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the squash, green pepper, broccoli and carrot in boiling water until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the potato.
- 2. Spoon into two greased ovenproof 10-oz. custard cups or casseroles. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, milk, garlic salt and pepper until smooth. Cook for 2-3 minutes, gradually adding the cheese in small amounts; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 3. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley and walnuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 352 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Vegetable Ramekins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC