"I've made and served this tasty dish for a long time," reports Elnora Johnson of Union City, Tennesee. "It has a unique rice crust and really holds up well for cutting."
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup egg substitute, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the rice, 1/4 cup egg substitute and half of the cheese. Pat onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. In another bowl, combine the broccoli, mushrooms, milk, butter and remaining egg substitute. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Quiche in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p18
Reviews for Vegetable Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review