Vegetable Quesadillas Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 small sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Divide vegetable mixture evenly over 6 tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Top each with remaining tortilla. Place a filled tortilla on a microwave-safe plate; cover with a piece of waxed paper. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 287 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.