Broccoli, sweet red peppers and garlic take center stage in this staple from Shannon Wade. She uses the microwave in her Kansas City, Kansas kitchen to streamline preparation. Try the quesadillas as appetizers or as light supper.
Recommended: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 small sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly over 6 tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Top each with remaining tortilla. Place a filled tortilla on a microwave-safe plate; cover with a piece of waxed paper. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Quesadillas in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p17
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Vegetable Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review