Vegetable Potato Salad Recipe
Growing up with a huge family of relatives, large gatherings were the norm. Mom always brought her 'famous' potato salad, and now I'm carrying on the tradition. It just wouldn't be the same without it." —James Korzenowski, Fennville, Michigan
- 6 large potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Cool for 15-20 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Peel and dice potatoes into a large bowl. Add salad dressing; gently toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 3. Stir in the eggs, green onions, celery, green pepper, cucumber and peas. Combine the remaining ingredients. Add to potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Yield: 14 servings.
3/4 cup equals 383 calories, 24 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC