Growing up with a huge family of relatives, large gatherings were the norm. Mom always brought her 'famous' potato salad, and now I'm carrying on the tradition. It just wouldn't be the same without it." —James Korzenowski, Fennville, Michigan
- 6 large potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Cool for 15-20 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Peel and dice potatoes into a large bowl. Add salad dressing; gently toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs, green onions, celery, green pepper, cucumber and peas. Combine the remaining ingredients. Add to potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Potato Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p47
Reviews for Vegetable Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review