Vegetable Potato Quiche Recipe
Of all the recipe Mom used to make, this was one of her best. When I make it, I'm reminded of home.—Lori Hiscock, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, egg and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute zucchini and red pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Remove from the hear; stir in the ham, eggs, milk, basil, salt and pepper.
- 3. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 187 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable Potato Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC