Vegetable Pork Soup Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin chop (4 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small tart apple, chopped
- 1 small red potato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the pork, sausage, onion, celery and carrot in butter over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic and paprika; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the broth, apple, potato and five-spice powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until pork is tender. Stir in honey; cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 cups.
1 cup equals 184 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.