Vegetable Pork Chop Dinner
My family loves these savory chops served with mashed potatoes and salad. This meal is perfect for cold winter evenings.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 1 pound carrots, julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Layer carrots, onion and raisins in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish;
- drizzle with oil. Cover and bake at 325° for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt, pepper and paprika; place over
- vegetables. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20
- minutes longer or until pork juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 308 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.