Vegetable Pinwheel Roll Recipe
A friend shared the recipe for this complete meal loaf. The smoky bacon flavor blends beautifully with the vegetables and cheese. - Sharee Crouser, Martinez, Georgia
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 4 bacon strips
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion in butter. Add vegetables. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside. In a bowl, combine the egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cover with vegetable mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top loaf with bacon strips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 347 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable Pinwheel Roll
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2009
"My entire family enjoyed this meal."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC