A friend shared the recipe for this complete meal loaf. The smoky bacon flavor blends beautifully with the vegetables and cheese. - Sharee Crouser, Martinez, Georgia
Recommended: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter. Add vegetables. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside. In a bowl, combine the egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cover with vegetable mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top loaf with bacon strips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Pinwheel Roll in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p44
Reviews for Vegetable Pinwheel Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2009
"My entire family enjoyed this meal."