We have several friends and family that vegetarians so this is a quick meal is very satisfying. It is the green beans that give it that special flavor which you are sure to love.—Shirley Brazel, Rocklin, California
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute carrots in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, basil and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Vegetarian Penne in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p18
Reviews for Vegetable Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review