Sun-dried tomato spread is a blend of sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste and olive oil. Use it as a spread on toast or as a substitute for tomato paste. You can find it with the packaged sun-dried tomatoes in the produce section of your local grocery store. This colorful salad easily enhances the holiday spread. The bow tie pasta and sauteed veggies are covered in a creamy sun-dried tomato sauce. It’s delicious.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato spread
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream and sun-dried tomato spread until blended. In a large skillet, saute peppers, mushrooms and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Reduce heat. Add cream mixture; bring to a gentle boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the peas, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to sauce mixture. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with parsley and cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce in Country Extra November 2009, p51
Reviews for Vegetable Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review