I've used this recipe for more than 40 years. The pancakes are delicious with cheese sauce, creamed chipped beef or sausage gravy. Perhaps children who love pancakes but don't like vegetables would like these!
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach, sliced
- 1/4 head lettuce, finely sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all of the vegetables. Stir in eggs; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to vegetables.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot well-greased skillet. Spread into 4-in. circles. Cook until brown on each side. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Pancakes in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p41
Reviews for Vegetable Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2011
"I didn't put in the spinach or lettuce, but added red onion, broccoli, red cabbage, parsley flakes, and garlic powder."