Vegetable Oven Pancake Recipe
I clipped this recipe when I was first married, but my husband was actually first to prepare it. The puffy pancake looked beautiful and tasted even better. It wasn't until I made this dish myself the I realized how simple it really is. We like to vary the vegetables, depending on what's in season. —Mirien Church Aurora, Colorado
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate; heat in a 450° oven until melted. Carefully tilt pan to coat bottom and sides. In a large bowl, beat the flour, eggs, milk and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Pour into pie plate. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until puffed around the edges and golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the broccoli, green pepper, tomato and onion in water for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Add pepper and remaining salt.
- 3. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over pancake; top with vegetables and remaining cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into four wedges; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wedge equals 308 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 158 mg cholesterol, 621 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC