Vegetable Oven Pancake Recipe
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate; heat in a 450° oven until melted. Carefully tilt pan to coat bottom and sides. In a large bowl, beat the flour, eggs, milk and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Pour into pie plate. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until puffed around the edges and golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the broccoli, green pepper, tomato and onion in water for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Add pepper and remaining salt.
- 3. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over pancake; top with vegetables and remaining cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into four wedges; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice: 308 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Vegetable Oven Pancake
"Great recipe for this vegetarian. I did change it slightly. Instead of cooking the vegetables in water (and losing most of the vitamins), I sauted them in a little bit of olive oil. They were still bright green in color."
"I wouldn't call it pancake but more a pizza pie. We used leftovers from our veggie tray from SuperBowl. So we had carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, onion, peppers, and mushrooms. It was excellent. My daughter didn't think it looked good but after a bite...delicious!"
"This was easy and good. I made it in a toaster oven so it didn't even heat up the kitchen."
"this turned out just like the picture! easy & pleasing. a nice light way to consume your veggies. the husband was impressed. next time will try out on friends maybe with some additional or different veg."
"Very easy and my kids ate it right down! The key is to choose veggies that they enjoy, I think. Then the rest is easy."
"Great meatless recipe. I buy the baby broccoli which I prefer, since it is not one of my favorite vegetables."
"This was SO good. The "pancake" part was so light and the dish tasted like a vegetable omelet. We will definitely make this again."
"I'm not even a big fan of veggies and I loved it! Very flavorful."