- 2 small red potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, onion and potatoes in oil until tender. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg substitute. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture over the top; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with sour cream, tomato and remaining cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Vegetable Omelette
"I believe one egg equals 1/4c. So you would need 3 eggs. Yummy. Love all the fresh veggies."
"Needs fresh potatoes, finely diced! That said, this is so easy. I am lucky to have fresh peppers in my garden 10 months out-of-the-year.Talk about color! The aroma of the veggies, the garnish, and I love the one pan! Yes, easy to cook in one skillet. I don't use oil. Prefer to use water and one or 2 T of butter. Everything fresh belongs in this recipe."
"I actually haven't tried this but want to make it with regular eggs. How many eggs equal 2/3 cup of egg substitute?"
"To make it even easier, I used frozen hashbrowns in place of boiling the potatoes and poured the egg mixture over the cooked hashbrowns, then added the tomatoes and other ingredients. Great!"
"This is an easy breakfast or brunch dish. My family loves it. I did one thing differently though. I cooked the veggies in the pan as directed and poured the egg mixture over it. I cooked until set, then added the cheese and tomatoes. More like a frittata than omelet. Really good."