Vegetable Omelette Recipe
- 2 small red potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1. Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, onion and potatoes in oil until tender. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg substitute. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture over the top; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- 3. Transfer to a serving plate. Top with sour cream, tomato and remaining cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 omelet equals 202 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Vegetable Omelette
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.