Vegetable Noodle Bake Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup canned tomato puree
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup shredded American cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, tomato puree, onion, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Spread 1/3 cup tomato mixture in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the noodles. Spread with cottage cheese; top with spinach. Drizzle with 1/2 cup tomato mixture; top with remaining noodles and tomato mixture. Sprinkle with American cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Vegetable Noodle Bake
Sort By :
Very easy and delicious, but to bulk it up, I added cooked ground beef and twice the cottage cheese to feed my family of 4 twice.
Thank you for sharing this recipe Mrs. Terry. Made for my husband and myself (we're empty nesters) and all my husband kept saying was yum.
Joscey from Oxford, NY
Re: Vegetable Noodle Bake--Thank you--great tasting-easy-always looking for meatless dishes.
This sounds yummy. Thanks for posting - plan on making it within the week.
This sounds fabulous, I am on Weight Watchers, could you please give some nutrition info so I can add it to my program?