- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the green beans, spinach and pasta. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Vegetable Minestrone
"I realized after I ate the soup, that I forgot the cheese. That might have made the difference since I thought it was rather bland which prompted me to add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to pep up the flavor some. Even then, it was bland so I added some Tabasco, but still it was missing something, hopefully it will taste better tomorrow and I will top it with cheese! Update: I changed this to a 4 star recipe after adding the cheese and some seasoned salt and eating it the next day, it was very good."
"Very good, made it just the way the recipe said, and it was enjoyed by all!"
"We don't like "chunks" of tomato's in soup so can I gently pluse these first in a food processor or would it make it too runny, too much liquid? Thanks!"
"1/4 tsp of garlic powder? How about 3 cloves of garlic!"