I tried this recipe from a cookbook because I'd never had couscous before. Now I love it! It was divine with the vegetables and a good alternative to rice.—Ruth Cowley, Pipe Creek, Texas
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 cups uncooked couscous
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 3 yellow summer squash, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, butter, parsley and pepper to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the red peppers in oil for 4 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, yellow squash, basil and salt; cook 6-10 minutes longer or until tender.
- Fluff couscous with a fork; serve with vegetables and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Medley with Couscous in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p25
Reviews for Vegetable Medley with Couscous
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review