Vegetable Medley Salad Recipe
"MY GRANDPARENTS tended a big garden and grew and canned all their own vegetables. Grandma always had the ingredients on hand for this salad, and I think she was happy to have a recipe that she could make well ahead when planning that big Easter dinner."
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets and blanched
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 4 sweet pickles, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced and blanched
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle juice, optional
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, onion, beans, pickles and carrots. In a medium saucepan, bring remaining ingredients to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over vegetables; stir gently.
- 2. Cover and chill overnight. Stir again; drain before serving. Yield: 12-18 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Vegetable Medley Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC