This nutritious blend of pasta and veggies makes a versatile and colorful side dish with a variety of entrees. Debbie Balta - Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch and broth until smooth; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter; add the mustard, basil and garlic powder. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta and beans; return to the Dutch oven. Add the mustard sauce and mushrooms; toss to coat. Stir in tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Medley in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p22
Reviews for Vegetable Medley Pasta Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review