- 1 cup uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch and broth until smooth; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter; add the mustard, basil and garlic powder. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta and beans; return to the Dutch oven. Add the mustard sauce and mushrooms; toss to coat. Stir in tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vegetable Medley(8)
Sort By :
This was tasty as is, but I would sauté fresh mushroom with some garlic to add a little more kick. The canned button mushroom were a little too rubbery and bland for my taste.
i change it a little i used fresh green beens cooked the same way did not add tomatos but did use parmesian cheese on top servered with tuscan chicken i cooked on grill and cranberrys on the side
Made this without the pasta, using cauliflower, green beans and red bell pepper, with basil from our garden, dried. Yum!
My husband loved this! I thought it needed a bit more seasoning, not sure what though.
this goes great with the Tuscan chicken.
Made for my husband and he said to make that again.