Vegetable Meatball Soup Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 cups frozen Italian vegetable blend
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup small pasta shells
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the meatballs, broth, vegetable blend, tomatoes, water and pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish servings with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
1-1/3 cups (calculated without cheese): 241 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1333mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Vegetable Meatball Soup
"This is my new favorite soup. It's very easy and so tasty. I've made it twice in the past couple of weeks. The first time I made it with Italian vegetables like the recipe calls for. My daughter stopped by after work and took some home for she & husband. She told me it was so good, she didn't even pick out the veggies she didn't like. The second time I used a bag of corn, green bean, carrot mixture. I liked it better."
"Very simple and very tasty. I will definitely be making it again."
"Couldn't be simpler. There's no chopping, slicing or cutting vegetables. And there's no browning meat first. The only thing I did differently was added some salt, dried basil and "Perfect Pinch" garlic & bell pepper seasonings. I also added a little more pasta. It was so simple, I would feel guilty to say I made it if it weren't how"
"Delicious! I did add more vegetables than required as my husband enjoys a hearty soup. Also, next time I'd add 2/3 c. small pasta shells rather than 1/3. It was hard to find pasta (maybe because I added more vegies). All-in-all, a wonderfully tasty dish! Will definitely make it again!"