Vegetable Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 slice bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash each pepper and garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup, divided
- 1. In a bowl, combine ground beef, bread, egg, carrot, onion, green pepper, celery, seasonings and 2 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup.
- 2. Form into a loaf in an ungreased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan. Spoon remaining chili sauce or ketchup over loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 330 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 1349mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable Meat Loaf
"We thought this was a great meatloaf recipe! The only changes I made were to omit the green pepper and to top it with BBQ sauce."
"Hubby loved it!!!!Omitted carrot,potatoes & cheese. Omitted sliced bread (added homemade bread crumb recipe-save in freezer all leftover bread crust ends (that no one will eat),toast 'em in toaster, place in food processor,add salt,pepper,parsley, oregano, process in food processor; then refreeze, use as necessary ).Note: Never buy store bought bread crumbs again. Sometimes I add Parmesan cheese to bread crumb mixture.Hubby said after 28yrs+ my meatloaf was always missing something. He said, this is the one!! He actually asked me to make again next day so that he could have meatloaf sandwiches for work."