Vegetable Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 slice bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash each pepper and garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup, divided
- 2 baked potatoes, optional
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, bread, egg, carrot, onion, green pepper, celery, seasonings and 2 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup.
- Form into a loaf in an ungreased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Spoon remaining chili sauce or ketchup over loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with baked potatoes topped with shredded cheddar cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Vegetable Meat Loaf(2)
Sort By :
We thought this was a great meatloaf recipe! The only changes I made were to omit the green pepper and to top it with BBQ sauce.
Hubby loved it!!!!Omitted carrot,potatoes & cheese. Omitted sliced bread (added homemade bread crumb recipe-save in freezer all leftover bread crust ends (that no one will eat),toast 'em in toaster, place in food processor,add salt,pepper,parsley, oregano, process in food processor; then refreeze, use as necessary ).
Note: Never buy store bought bread crumbs again. Sometimes I add Parmesan cheese to bread crumb mixture.
Hubby said after 28yrs+ my meatloaf was always missing something. He said, this is the one!! He actually asked me to make again next day so that he could have meatloaf sandwiches for work.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >