Vegetable Macaroni Recipe
This casserole works equally well as a side dish or meatless entree. Even my meat-and-potatoes husband enjoys it, especially with a loaf of crusty French bread.—Elizabeth Erwin, Syracuse, New York
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk, onion, salt and pepper. Stir in the vegetables, macaroni and cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 278 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 633 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC