- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 4 celery ribs with leaves, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and bouillon granules; stir in the water and soy sauce and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, stir-fry mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil 3 minutes or until tender; remove and keep warm. In same pan, heat remaining oil. Add remaining vegetables; stir-fry 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pasta and mushrooms. Heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Lo Mein in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vegetable Lo Mein
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2013
"I used TJ's stir fry sauce. Couldn't have been easier. Great recipe for meatless Monday!"