Vegetable Lentil Soup Recipe
Here’s a healthy soup from our Test Kitchen that's ideal for vegetarians and those watching their weight. Butternut squash and lentils make it filling, while herbs and other veggies round out the flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours YIELD:6 servings
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until lentils are tender.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes and beans. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until beans are heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC