- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and beans. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until beans are heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vegetable Lentil Soup
"This is my second time making this soup. I love vegetables, so this soup was right on for me and my family. I added zucchini and lots more dice carrots and some celery too. YUM"
"A great recipe and simple to make. I substituted potatoes for the butternut squash and also put the green beans and tomatoes in at the beginning with the rest of the ingredients. It worked out well and it tasted great! I also added about 1/2 tsp salt for taste since none is in the recipe"