Vegetable Kabobs with Rice Recipe
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 small boiling onions, peeled
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine dressing, parsley and basil. Alternate the vegetables on eight skewers. Place on a gill rack over medium-hot heat. Baste with dressing mixture and turn frequently for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. To serve, place 1/2 cup rice on each place and top with two kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 171 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Vegetable Kabobs with Rice
"This was super simple and tasty, I added zucchini."