My husband and I like gardening, and these kabobs are a fun way to enjoy our fresh vegetables. They're so easy to make and they can grill right along the main course. -Nancy Johnson, Connersville, Indiana
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 small boiling onions, peeled
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine dressing, parsley and basil. Alternate the vegetables on eight skewers. Place on a gill rack over medium-hot heat. Baste with dressing mixture and turn frequently for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. To serve, place 1/2 cup rice on each place and top with two kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Kabobs with Rice in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p31
Reviews for Vegetable Kabobs with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2014
"This was super simple and tasty, I added zucchini."