- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Vegetable Hamburger Soup
Sort By :
"This recipe is delicious. If you are a soup lover, this will hit the spot. It is easy to make. I am a soup lover and could it eat soup every day of the year. This is a winner."
"The cook at the Oasis Restaurant used to make this at least once a week and it was one of the most popular soups on the menu."