- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups diced fully cooked lean ham
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first 13 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Vegetable Ham Stew in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p17
Reviews for Vegetable Ham Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review