- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, hash browns and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until crust is set and edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute zucchini and red pepper in butter for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the ham, basil, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk; add zucchini mixture. Stir in cheese. Pour into crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Ham Quiche in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p18
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Vegetable Ham Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 23, 2012
This was delicious. I made it with the homemade sausage on the same page.
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2010
This was really good. I used asparagus instead of zucchini because my store was out. Reheats well also.