This quiche is an easy egg dish filled with zucchini, bell pepper, ham and cheese. With our garden produce, it's even more economical. It's pretty enough to serve to company, too.—Betty Albee, Buhl, Idaho
Recommended: Top 10 Quiche Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, hash browns and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until crust is set and edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute zucchini and red pepper in butter for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the ham, basil, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk; add zucchini mixture. Stir in cheese. Pour into crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Ham Quiche in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p18
Reviews forVegetable Ham Quiche
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 23, 2012
"This was delicious. I made it with the homemade sausage on the same page."
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2010
"This was really good. I used asparagus instead of zucchini because my store was out. Reheats well also."