Vegetable Ground Beef Soup Recipe
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring potatoes and water to a boil. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add the bouillon, soup, vegetables, dried minced onion and beef to the undrained potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 150 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Vegetable Ground Beef Soup
"This soup is absolutely delicious. Great in the winter or any time of year. I will be preparing this recipe again and again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"Very delicious, thumbs up for this."
"I made this for the first time ( just something new ) and I love it ...dont know how the kids and hubby will like it but im so making this again !!"
"Loved the soup. Quick and easy to make for a large crowd. Tastes better without meat."
"I used canned vegtables instead of frozen and it turned out just as good. Hamburger is much easier to have on hand than cuts of beef."
"Sometimes I use stew meat instead of ground beef. I think it makes it even better!"