Just brimming with veggies, this hearty soup shared by Marie Carlisle of Sumrall, Mississippi will warm family and friends right to their toes! “It’s especially good served with cornbread,“ Marie suggests, “and we think it’s even better the second day.“
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- In a Dutch oven, bring potatoes and water to a boil. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the bouillon, soup, vegetables, dried minced onion and beef to the undrained potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Vegetable Beef Soup in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p24
Reviews for Vegetable Ground Beef Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review