Vegetable Garden Pasta Salad
Fresh produce is showcased in this salad. My husband, Richard, is not too crazy about plain vegetables, so I came up with this colorful salad. He loves it, and so does our son.Rhonda Knight, Hecker, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the broccoli, carrots, peppers and zucchini.
- Drain and rinse pasta in cold water; add to vegetables. Combine salad
- dressing and mustard; pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free ranch dressing) equals 239 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable.