Vegetable Frittata Recipe
—Janet Eckhoff, Woodland, California
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1. In a 10-in. cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, saute onion, peppers and garlic in 2 tablespoons of oil until the vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet over medium heat, lightly brown potatoes in remaining oil. Add vegetable mixture and zucchini; simmer for 4 minutes.
- 3. In a bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until eggs are set on top. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable Frittata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC